The fantastic Nottingham Comedy Festival returns this November. For 10 days the city will showcase internationally renowned comedians alongside top drawer local talent. With a multitude of shows happening across the city, it is a fantastic opportunity to go and see some hilarious shows with friends and family.
Here’s your guide to all the improv shows at the this year’s festival. Each quote gives a flavour of what to expect. If you want to know more click the quote to find the full-length review it came from.
Saturday 2nd November
- It’s A Trap: The Improvised Star Wars Show – “A fun filled hour of geeky entertainment”
- Project 2: Improvised Science Fiction – “Changed between humans, aliens and intergalactic settings without a pause”
- Improv Provocateur – “This was such good fun”
- MissImp’s All Star Improv Show – “I was grinning with child-like glee for the entirety of the show”
Sunday 3rd November
- Ben Van der Velde – “Pace, quality of material, energy, call it what you will, Ben van der Velde displays it in bucketloads”
- Rhymes Against Humanity – “A full blown musical…It really is a treat”
Tuesday 5th November
- Improv Provocateur – “See it. Play it. Love it.”
Thursday 7th November
- Denise’s 50th – “Explores the intense emotion of every awkward social gathering”
Friday 8th November
- UoN Improv – “Super fun shows”
- The Vox Pops – “Absolutely hilarious comedy sketches”
- MissImp’s All Star Improv Show – “An improv tour-de-force”
Saturday 9th November
- Neil + 1 – “Funny and interesting … a truly unique experience”
- Epic! The Improvised Movie – “The movie you always wished existed but the studios never made”
- Do The Right Scene – “Expect bold, witty moves and an edgy, daring sense of fun.”
If all these shows inspire you to give it a go yourself, look out for the taster session run by MissImp on Thursday 7th November.