The first ever Leicester Improv Festival features 10 of Britain’s best improvised comedy shows. The festival features a wide range of talents, including the award-winning Squidheart (Best Newcomer – Birmingham Fest) and improv superstars The Committee, whose performers have featured on BBC, ITV & Channel 4.
Here’s your guide to all the acts at the this year’s festival. Each quote gives a flavour of what to expect. If you want to know more click the quote to find the full-length review it came from.
Friday 25 October
- Rhymes Against Humanity – “Characters, songs, music and dance that delight the audience lucky enough to see this unique performance”
- The Same Faces: Uncle Armando – “Crashes into the quite superb realms of sheer brilliance”
Saturday 26 October
- Denise’s 50th – “An improvised comedic delight”
- Rose & Pippa – “Delightful silliness”
- Thunderclap – “There’s plenty here to raise a giggle”
- Acaprov – “I was still singing one of the main refrains in my head on my way out of the venue, and that’s always a sign of a good musical”
- The Clones – “Consistently providing belly laugh material from start to finish”
- Squidheart – “An easy show to enjoy with lots of laughs”
- The Committee – “Clearly a well-oiled machine, The Committee could get big laughs in their sleep”
Sunday 27 October
- Tiny Stories – “A wonderfully weird, funny and delightful show.”
- Ki Shah’s One Off – “Sensational”
- The Same Faces: Improvised Comedy – “Filled an hour with comedy goodness from a strong team of performers”
- All Female Improv Super Group – Special one-off festival performance
All performances will take place at Leicester’s top pub theatre Upstairs At The Western.