A special charity event featuring 10 great groups from Birmingham is taking place on Saturday 28 March. This one day improv festival features a wide range of talents, including the award-winning Squidheart (Best Newcomer – Birmingham Fest) and Britain’s first BAME group Jumprov.
All shows are Pay What You Want, with 100% of the proceeds going to Birmingham Mind. The aim of the event is to bring together the entire West Midlands improv comedy scene and raise money for charity at the same time. One full day of incredible comedy for an incredible cause.
Here’s your guide to all the acts at the festival. Each quote gives a flavour of what to expect. If you want to know more click the quote to find the full-length review it came from.
- Fat Penguin – “Plenty of laugh out loud moments”
- The Folly – “Comedy nonsense…new and fresh each time”
- Wayward Souls – “Absolutely fantastic and worth going to see”
- OK Stop – “A very witty show, with lots of intelligent humour throughout”
- Tiny Stories – “Go see this show of pure delight”
- Allison – “Great performers with a fun and unique style”
- Foghorn Unscripted – “I laughed in every scene.”
- Watch This – “Impressively clever…great fun”
- Squidheart – “An easy show to enjoy with lots of laughs from start to finish”
- Jumprov – “Quick witted and versatile…a wonderful evening”
All shows take place at The Highbury Inn 12pm-10pm. A breakdown of timings and more details about the day can be found here.